Monday, July 21, 2008

Being a mother is such a game of tug-a-war

I say this cause my children are out of town this week. I am happy to get the well deserved time to myself but at the same time I miss my kids. Mary yesterday, as I was leaving was sad and said over and over again that she wanted to go home so i ran for her suit case and than I was like, I need this time to rejuvenate. You get stuck between a rock and a hard place and I cried the whole way home.
I am a protective mother, i worry about everything when it comes to my kids and i know i should allow them to do more cause they need to learn but I freak out, i worry.
I am a selfish mom, i want me children to myself and around me at all times, under my protection but I know in my heart it cannot happen that way but oh how i wish it could.
They are in another state with my in laws, playing, laughing and swimming thier little hearts out, they are happy. Me.... I am a lost puppy right now but happy that they are enjoying thier time.

1 comment:

Sapphire Mommy said...

it is rough when they are gone from us but like you said, it's a break for you too. take advantage, go do osmething you wouldn't normally do if you had the girls with you. and try not to worry too much!